Our Family And Our History
Having been in the Gilliland family for over 70 years, Gillbrook Farms was originally built in 1840 as part of the Beck family farm and has been a fully operational, working farm for 150 years. The name “Gillbrook” was derived from the Gilliland family name and the brook that runs through the farm. The property was renamed by John L. Gilliland who owned the farm in the 1950s. “Gillbrook” was also the official prefix for the cattle bred and raised on the farm — some of the top Holsteins in the United States.
Today you'll find owners Ashley and Corey Diehl, who were married themselves under the Barn, and their son, John Samuel residing in the farmhouse — which was originally built in 1840 and has been in the family for three generations. Also residing on the farm is an assortment of animals including two American Quarter Horses, Blessing and Mo, two ponies, Brownie and Larue, a miniature horse named Patsy Cline, the farm's two Border Collies, Abby and Tess, Miss Kitty the resident barn cat, Gracie the pot-bellied pig, and a brood of Laced Cochin chickens.
Ashley and Corey weren't the only family to tie the knot at the farm — Ashley's brother, John Roger, and sister, Amy, both held their weddings on the grounds, and Ashley's parents, John Galen and Karen Gilliland (pictured above) were married at the farm in 1980.